DR JENNIFER VAUGHAN, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST
BSc, DClinPsy, PGDip
Dr Jennifer Vaughan qualified as a Clinical Psychologist in 2011 and has a decade of experience working in the NHS with families, young people and adults. She enjoys working in an integrative manner, with particular interest in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT), and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy.
Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) – Practitioner Psychologist
British Psychological Society (BPS) – Chartered Member
Skills and experience:
• Specialist assessment of psychological difficulties in adults and adolescents
• Therapy tailored to the individual’s particular strengths and needs
• Help for a range of issues including low mood, worry and anxiety, eating distress, adversity in childhood, and problems in personal and family relationships.
• Principal Clinical Psychologist, Salford Royal Foundation Trust, 2021-present
• Clinical Psychologist in Neuropsychology, Maple House Rehabilitation Service, 2019-present
• Senior Clinical Psychologist, Warrington Community Neurosciences Service, 2017-2021
• Senior Clinical Psychologist, Guild Lodge Secure Acquired Brain Injury Service, 2014-2017
• Clinical Psychologist, Acute Inpatient Service, 2013-2014
• Clinical Psychologist, IAPT, 2012-2013
• Locum Clinical Psychologist, Adult Psychology Community Team, 2011-2012
Relevant post-qualification training
• Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Parts 1-3, accredited by EMDR Europe Association (2020-2021).
• Clinical Neuropsychology Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip), The University of Glasgow (2016-2018).
• BPS Accredited Supervisory Course, The University of Manchester (2012–2013).